Thursday, March 17, 2016

So...Spring and Stuff

Whoa...I keep remembering that I haven't written anything since like November, and then I'm all you're such a dork.  You better write something.  People will think this blog is dead.

Well it's not (dead), and I am (kind of a dork) most of the time, but I thought I'd pop in and say hi and yes, I'm still here.  A lot has happened this winter that was decidedly NOT funny, ranging from the truly seriously bad, to some semi-bad/karma-ish "so THAT just happened" events, but most of it was not funny or interesting enough to write about for complete strangers to read.  I should clarify by saying that yes, we have TOTALLY LAUGHED at a LOT of stuff this winter, because we basically don't take anything too seriously.  It's just that most of it is completely inappropriate, and we'd probably get banned from both our families if I wrote it all down, so just never-you-mind about all that.  Besides, you probably wouldn't get any of it.

So I'll just stick to the fun stuff, k?

*inhales*

On the bright side, we have had some very good times since Thanksgiving, like hosting about 60 family members here for our Christmas party, which was a blast, and totally proved that you can put pretty much as many people as you want in any house, as long as no one needs a chair.   It just..works.

And hey, I *do* still know how to MAKE ALL THE THINGS

Aaaaand because we saved some yard sale money from a giant downsizing we did last July, we were able to go on a Disney cruise BY OURSELVES for our 25th anniversary in February.  First time we've been away alone together on an actual airplane in 21 years, so it was totally worth it to get rid of all that random household stuff filling all the closets!   And Shane finally got a window seat.

Best. Trip. Ever.  If you ever consider cruising, go Disney.  Even without kids, it's the most magical way to go.  Maybe espECially without kids...heehee
Disney's private island adults-only beach,  Wish I was still *there* 

We did NOT want to come home.  Not even kidding.


Guys.  After 3 years, 3 months, 4 days and a tax refund, WE FINALLY GOT A CAR AGAIN.  O.M.G.  I may or may not have actually sat in the garage and cried a little.  And possibly drank a bottle of champagne in the front seat.  

Anyhoo...several very nice friends have emailed me separately to see how I'm doing, because the blog's been so quiet.  By which they kind of meant WRITE SOMETHING ALREADY, WE'RE BORED, which is totally sweet.  I'm all about making everyone happy, and it's nice to have responsibilities and stuff, so here you go.

You're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment