Saturday, January 25, 2020

Housekeeping, and Other Health Hazards

Ever have one of those days where you're just doing a random chore at home, and one thing goes wrong, which leads to another, and then suddenly you're contemplating the meaning of life and wondering if your will is up to date?

Here's how today went, over here... Via text convo with our oldest at some point this afternoon:


Am I the only one who can start with sweeping and end up with a freshly scrubbed kitchen, a bandaged hand, and shopping online for a new olive oil dispenser?  That glass was SO sharp, and it definitely seemed like a bad time to... not have secure footing.  

Suddenly I was hearing that old Blondie song in my head ONE DAY. OR THE OTHER.  I'M GONNA GET YA.  I'M GONNA GETCHA GETCHA GETCHA GETCHA, ONE DAY - 



(Also huge wail about the fact that I've had that beautiful oil bottle for like 20 YEARS). 

*facepalm*

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy! I feel like these things happen to me as well. A few months ago I went to make tea and pulled a mug out of the cabinet only to have it shatter at my feet.....except the handle was still in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that weird?? It happened so fast. I just remember reaching out quickly to stop it from tipping over, and then suddenly I'm bleeding and the floor has slippery oil everywhere, and I had a flash of me slipping and falling on the glass bottle and I was like "So this is how it ends"... Also I LOVED that bottle. wahhh

      Delete