Friday, May 8, 2015

More Stuff Overheard Around Here


I'm in full garden/summer/outside mode, which means that the story-teller part of my brain is off, and I can't find the "on" switch, but I still find funny things to jot down now and then.

- - - -

The other night I was in the living room, our oldest was in the kitchen, and Shane was in the dining room, searching through Spotify for a music channel that we could all agree to listen to. 

 (so basically:  nothing)

A country song started up, and it was one of those songs that must have been the "it" song one year recently, because I heard our oldest call from the kitchen.  

"Ahh! Dad!  I've heard that song SO OFTEN that I could literally play it right now, on a banjo, by ear."





Yep.  That's all for now.
I know.



2 comments:

  1. What do you have growing? My sweet potatoes look shot before they're even started! :( And do you watch Modern Family, because that's all I can think of when I hear/read banjo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had TV for like 10 years, so I have no idea what anything is. The only time I've heard banjo music is when I was a kid... haha. Not kidding--we had a guy live with us who played one.

      What's growing? ahmigash-- everything. But mostly INSIDE, under lights, which any good northern gardener will tell you, is where the garden grows here in *cough* Narnia *cough* Idaho, until like June 15th (OK May 24, but still).

      I do have a ton of vegs growing inside, including 40 tomatoes (yes, 40), 3 kinds of pepper, about 40 basil, all my melons and squash, okra, parsley, fenugreek, tomatillo, eggplant and who knows what else.

      OUTside are all my perennial herbs, lavender, grapes, currants, asparagus, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries, and somewhere between 75-100 roses. And the orchard (apples, plums, pears).

      sigh

      You can see why I'm not inside much any more. Except today. Today, I staged a complete revolt that looked a little more like a mom-meltdown and sat in the hot tub drinking Mike's hard limeade RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. I also repainted my nails, and I expect to do nothing tomorrow, too.

      HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! We ALL so totally rock!

      Delete