Here are a few (more) things overheard at my house recently:
1. My brother-in-law describing a gold dredge, after an unsuccessful weekend spent turning over rocks in an icy creek in the mountains: "It's not a dredge. It's called The Trough of Disappointment."
2. My college daughter's roommate, describing the in-house food at the university: "This soup...it tastes like my nightmares."
3. Our youngest, when describing some really loud coyotes one night that woke us both up because they sounded odd. "I heard them, but I was dreaming and thought they were special-needs coyotes."
4. Youngest to oldest, while watching a close-up shot of Russell Crowe in a movie: "AYY YO GONNA RECYCLE THOSE BAGS UNDER YA EYES?" (no offense, Russell).
5. Annnnddd...a text from my youngest to my oldest when they were upstairs one night:
|Awww. Now give each other a hug.|