If you read my sleep-deprived post from yesterday, you can probably guess that I spent the first half of my day, um, not at my best--mentally speaking. Activity level: unshowered/barefoot/nightgown.
Since it was all I could to sit upright in front of my computer, and my budget hadn't changed significantly since I woke up, I found myself randomly clicking on those quizzes everyone passes around on Facebook. You know, just to see what the folks at wherever dot com really know about me. Here's what I found:
1. I am 19% white trash, with great family values. Hey, I am country now! (random What About Bob reference)
2. My inner 80s movie star is Meryl Streep. Because I can wear many hats and adjust to all situations with style and grace. Cool. That accounts for that other 81%.
3. My worst trait is: Laziness. Well....duh. See 'activity level' above.
4. My hippie name is Silent Echo, because I "have a quiet wisdom that people respect and admire". Ummm. Getting a little off course here. I'm rarely quiet. Or wise.
5. My aura is gold, because I am "enlightened, calm, and transcendent and I lead a charmed life." BAHAHAHA
6. My gift is 'compassion', because I've always felt an innate need to care for others. Right. Like right now, I feel I should write shorter posts, for you.
7. I have an UNcheckered and hence really straight-laced and conservative past. Bingo. Although I'm still on the run after taking that candy in 3rd grade. Assumed name: Silent Echo.
8. I should be "Getting Entrepreneurial" right now. No. I tried that. It didn't work out so well. But I am knitting a sweater, which could hypothetically be worth a lot of money. If I were to sell it. Next?
9. My magic powers are: intuition and communication with animals, because I always can sense what's going to happen, and I understand animals better than humans. Well, animals are simpler, but I pretty much never "know what's going to happen". Hence the insomnia.
10. I am "48% likely" to do something I will regret this weekend. Check. I already regret doing those stupid quizzes. There's 20 minutes I won't get back, right there.
- - - - - -
I did manage to sleep for about 3 hours yesterday, straight through a lovely sunny fall day, which is a shame because there aren't many of those left.
On the plus side, I *do* feel a little better today, and it's comforting to know my white trash-ness is only as much as Dolly Parton's.
Have a great weekend, y'all.