Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Daughter's One of My Favorite Bloggers--AND We Collaborate

Here's a link to my oldest daughter's blog--she draws comic stories that make me laugh out loud.  Like today's post about her and her sister at her blog called Running With Cookies:

There is also a post over there where she drew the illustrations and inserted them in a silly highschool report that I actually wrote at age 17 in 1987, then posted it as an illustrated story, which is like...collaborating with your own daughter, at the same age.  If that makes sense.  

I feel like Nat King Cole and his daughter on that song from way back when.  Except that we're both alive, and it's not a song.

Not quite this, but close enough




6 comments:

  1. You and I share the same affection for jogging. Which falls somewhere on an unquantifiable negative scale. (I'm just as bad at advanced math as I am at jogging) .
    I enjoy your sense of humor, and you seem to be training your daughter to carry on this noble tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I still hate jogging; it was funny to read that I hated it in high school too. My daughter LOVES it, though. Go figure.

      Delete
  2. As a person who LOVES jogging, I had a good giggle at her blog and your paper. I hope that some day I can share something like that with my boys, but it's never the same with your sons as with daughters when you're a woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun to read her stuff, because her drawings make me laugh my head off! Something in the expressions and the hand gestures...

      We share a kind of warped sense of humor.

      Delete
  3. OH Wow, that's so cool! I love that you both blog! I'll check her out now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I will let her know that she should check her stats :D

      We actually started THAT blog together, like a joint effort. Then I realized that I had to go out on my own, because we have such different styles, and I didn't want to keep interrupting all her lovely drawings with my grownup ramblings, lol.

      Delete